The building of our Mossel Bay newspaper ‘Mossel Bay Advertiser’ is located in Church street and was built in 1901 by builders Cochran & Cherry, and was occupied by Standard bank until 1950. Opposite this building was the ‘Outspan’ for ox-wagons and today is a large modernised parking area. Diagonally opposite the MB Advertiser building, is a building built in 1857 for Meyer & Co, used for business and housing the Victoria Hotel. On the 1st floor was a warehouse, and an exterior hoist was used to lift goods from the street into the warehouse. The building was restored in 1989 and is occupied today by Rauch & Gertenbach attorneys. Ironically, the MB Advertiser used these premises between 1931-1988, before relocating to where they are today.