The Vincent building was built in 1820-24 by C. F. Pohl and used as a General Dealer. The discovery of diamonds at Hopetown in 1867 and Kimberley in 1870 chose Mossel Bay as its most convenient import/export gateway. The Mossel harbour brought immense wealth to the Vincent business and led to more space being required. An extension to the Vincent building was built in 1901 & 1903 by C. Wilson and included a large arch to allow ox-wagons to enter the building to offload. Opposite this building is the Vincent Square.
Since 1900 the Mossel Bay Goods Shed in Bland street was used to store cargo from and to ships. The roof covers about 90m X 14m with no obstruction. On the North side of the shed is a platform from which rail carriages could be loaded without lifting. Today this shed is used as a very popular ‘flea market’ with stalls selling almost everything.